Today we’ll have a brief introduction to mindfulness! I’m so excited to be talking about Mindfulness with you! Let’s go!
By the way, I have an Instagram called ”The Mindfulness House.” My aim is to share mindfulness and mental health reminders. If you’d like to follow me there, I’d be so happy! ❤
So, what is mindfulness? It’s simply being aware of the moment we are currently in, with all of our senses. It also means to be aware of our body, our thoughts, and our emotions. We don’t judge our emotions or we don’t say “ I don’t want to think about sadness now” for example, but instead we allow both emotions and thought to be there. Mindfulness meditations are usually grounding meditations that help you to feel connected with your environment as well as with your real home, your body. 🌱
So, how can we stay mindful in everyday life? I wanted to share some tips with you.
Mindfulness In Everyday Life
Being mindful in everyday activities is simple yet not so easy for many of us. We tend to get lost with life and we tend to get distracted. But little things and moments matter the most in life. What can you do to experience mindfulness in your waking life? Here are some examples:
- When you wake up in the morning take 3 deep breathes. Watch your breath as it occurs naturally. Don’t interrupt it.
- When you wash your face in the morning, feel the cold or warm water on your face. How does your face feel like?
- When you brush your teeth focus on how the brush creates strokes on your teeth.
- When you prepare your coffee in the morning, smell the coffee box before preparing it. How does this make you feel?
- Try to eat your breakfast mindfully. Be aware of taste, smell, and sensations. Be aware of the cup you are holding while drinking your tea. Smell the cheese before eating it. Then be aware of its taste while chewing it.
That’s all for today, friends! If you want to see more content like this please let me know!
Until next time,
Photo credits: Min An from Pexels.