Hey guys! Today I decided to make a post about journaling, its benefits, and how to make the most of it.
Hope you’ll find this post useful! Let’s get started!
P.S: If you want to make journaling a habit, buy a nice notebook that you really love! When you do this, you’ll feel more inclined to write in it!
1) Journaling has a very profound effect on not just mental health but on your overall health too. In psychology, especially humanistic psychotherapy has reported many beneficial effects of journaling, writing down your thoughts on someone’s immune system. Letting out your feelings, your thoughts on a piece of paper really helps you to focus on your thoughts and become aware of your feelings. It also helps you with anxiety and low moods.
2) It helps you to become more creative. Yes! Even writing down your current feelings can help you boost your creativity.
3) It allows for self-reflection. If you are journaling as a habit, you have probably noticed this. When you read what you write, you become aware of your thought and feeling patterns. You can clearly see if talking to a certain friend makes you unhappy, or taking a walk in the park makes you feel relieved. Writing down your thoughts before an important exam or a deadline actually helps you to relax, so that you can focus more on your project or exam.
4) It enhances your memory! Writing down things might seem easy yes, but while you do that you are also improving your memory.
5) It makes you shift your focus from past and future to now, the present moment. While you are writing your feelings, you become aware of the moment you are writing them in. How you feel after you experienced something bad in the day, changes once an amount of time passes. That’s why it’s important to journal to have a shift in the area you focus on.
That’s all for this post everyone! Let me know in the comments below whether you liked this little post and are you looking forward to journaling? Do you think journaling has many benefits for our mental health, too? What were your experiences?